Saturday, August 7, 2010

Knitting

So we have been on holidays for over a month now and did it ever feel great. We will be getting back to work on Monday starting with some smaller jobs that we need to finish up.

We travelled to Saskatoon yesterday to pick up supplies and one of our wholesalers is next to a knitting/weaving shop called Prairie Lily. We decided to go in and it is a wonderful shop with some beautiful yarns. We discussed alpaca wool and knitting machines including sock knitting machines. No leads on one though.

On our way out, I saw the most beautiful baby cardigan made with a very soft nubby kind of yarn. I found out it was only knit and purl which I actually know how to do. It was very tempting to purchase the pattern and yarn. Of course, it would have to be a gift for a "girl" baby. No babies in my life though but I guess it could be put away for a later date. I think that shop will see me in there again.

Both daughters and a son-in-law knit so I could get lots of advice if I started this craft.

We now have two knitting machines so perhaps on a cold rainy day we will have to set them up and see if we can figure out how they work.

Mel was presented with a Cowichian sweater when we were in BC. This was knit by our daughter, Jennifer. It is beautiful. I will have to take some pictures of it and post them later.

Sun is shining so time to head outside!

1 comment:

  1. yay, more knitting! Put away those card making supplies and get KNITTING!!!!! Didn't you mention Mel used to knit too, once upon a time!

    Can't wait to see some of those FO's....(finished objects!)

    ReplyDelete