Friday, November 5, 2010

Chimney Reno's

 
 
 
So of course when our ceiling in our family room is complete and looking lovely, we decide to cut a hole in it. Hubby rigged up a tyvek surround to hopefully keep the sawdust in one area. It looked pretty strange but did seem to contain most of the dust. This was all done to accomodate a chimney for a wood stove we recently purchased. Today Hubby will have to climb on to the roof and cut the rest of the way through. Our daughter, Jennifer, didn't know how she was going to sit and knit at Christmas without a hot stove in front of her. Well, of course, we did not want to disappoint her so the job is getting done! We had wanted a stove or fireplace but just couldn't decide earlier on. I think we will be glad to have the stove when it grows colder. Since we are cabinet makers, we also have lots of scrap wood to burn. We especially like to burn oak as it gives off the most beautiful flame that dances in mid air at times. Today it may get as high as 13 degrees Cel. so it will be a good day for Hubby to be outside. No frost and no snow on the roof either. It has been a wonderful fall with our lake still wide open.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I would have been concerned that Mel would have sufficated under the plastic. All for a good cause though I guess, so Jenn can have a cozy fire while knitting. I didn't realize they were coming for Christmas.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I'm already thinking about what to pack! How much yarn should I bring...should I bring my spinning wheel, probably all my needles...which books....where are all the yarn shops along the way....
    Oh and a few clothes I guess! I'm looking forward to a fire, knitting, and listening to Christmas Carols being played by Mel on the guitar!

    ReplyDelete