Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day




Our Christmas Day this year was kind of different. We were staying in Saskatoon and needed to have some breakfast. The only place open was Macdonalds where we had coffee and muffins. It was quite busy though and Sailor Dan was there drawing pictures. We bought the sailboat picture from him for $20.00. Hubby said it was for me, but then asked me if I had $20.00 to pay for it. So I guess I bought my own gift!!! Anyway it was an interesting morning.
Late afternoon, we did get to have a big turkey supper at our niece's house. We thank her so much for having us over and for putting on this big meal one day after the death of her mom. What a gal! Above picture is of her sister enjoying her plate of all the fixings! The turkey was huge and very delicious as she roasted it in one of those special clear roasting bags. Keeps the meat nice and moist and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment