Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of our good friends and relatives and family! Hope you had fun celebrating last night.

We had a friend over for a yummy supper consisting of two kinds of rice, Thai and wild mixed with brown, fried pickeral, shrimp, salad, and Red Lobster biscuits. It was delicious. Dessert was Christmas baking which never seems to end....did I really bake that much! After supper, my friend and myself worked on the super large crossword puzzle that is always published at Christmas time in one of our Saskatchewan newspapers. We did quite well when we used two heads instead of one!

Here's hoping our house gets finished this year. We are making progress but it has been slow this month with all the goings on. And here is hoping I get to see my kids more this year. Once last year just does not cut it!

We are back to work now with lots of kitchens to work on. Should keep us hopping until Easter time.

For all you fans of the Red Lobster biscuits here is the recipe:

Red Lobster Biscuits


Preheat oven to 375

1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
2 cups of flour
1 TBSP. baking powder
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 cup of milk
pinch of salt ( may be omitted if prefered)

Mix in a bowl, scoop onto greased baking sheet (about a heaping tablespoon or
I use an icecream scoop , that way they are even in size)

In another bowl combine: 1/4 cup melted butter
1 clove of garlic ( can use more to suit taste)
1 TBSP. of parmesan cheese

Brush this mixture over the biscuit dough. Bake 10 -12 or up to 15 minutes depending on the
size of the biscuit. Enjoy! ( I usually put more of this mixture on after I pull them out of the oven.)


I got this from a friend who knew someone that had worked there. Thanks Nancy. They were great!



1 comment:

  1. I needed it an hour ago - just finished our chili and made banana bread instead! Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete